Friday, April 6, 2012

First Stumble

I failed today.  I forgot to eat breakfast and stopped at Arby's to grab a bite for lunch while out running errands.  And now I can't stop feeling guilty.  I cheated, I spent money, and worst of all, it didn't even taste good.  Actually, it was pretty terrible. I know it was only $5 but it still feels like such a waste.  I take comfort in knowing that we used to eat out at least twice a week and now eating fast food feels like kicking a puppy, but still wish I had been stronger. 
We did beat temptation tonight though.  After a rather raucous Easter Egg hunt at the museum (hell really is other peoples' children) we chose to come home and have pizza here rather than eat out.  It wasn't even a struggle, we wanted to come home and cook.  Weekends are still hardest for us, being out and about it's always been easiest to stop at a restaurant.
I hesitate to give myself any slack because I'm afraid I'll slide down the slippery slope, back to our old life.  I do know though that I'm happier and more content on my new path and hopefully that will be enough to sustain me through minor slips and falls.  And just so everyone knows, I am well  aware that on the calamity scale of 1-10 this falls somewhere between .05 and .07.  I'm still going to carry on in fine dramatic fashion for awhile, but I will move on.  Eventually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment