Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ambrosia Candy Company

I'm a little bored.  Ok, I'm a lot bored.  I've always envied the women and men who seem so fulfilled at home with their kids.  Really truly envied, not envied in a snobby, I'm better than them way.  I think too much of my self worth is tied up in work, and contributing income to the family.  So I believe I have found a way to have both.  As I've mentioned before, we go to Superstition Farm Market every Thursday.  I've met some amazing people there and Sophie is best friends with the baby calf that she has dubbed Sugar.  Starting in two weeks I will be selling my hard candy there as a vendor.  I am ridiculously excited.  This is a chance for me to play with my creativity, meet new people and hopefully make some money.  And, I get to do it all with the kids in tow.  I don't know if it will work out or not but I know that it's a creative outlet for me.  The starting flavors are honeysuckle, Mexican cocoa, watermelon (for Farmer Jason), caramel apple martini and organic tangerine.  I bought molds in the shape of farm animals that are absolutely adorable and very appropriate.  If all goes well this could lead to future orders for weddings, baby showers etc.  If nothing else, I get to feel like a little bit of an adult for three hours a week. 
Oh, and on a side note, made another batch of strawberry ginger preserves.  This time I used real canning jars and they are sitting in my pantry glowing at me as we speak.  Mmmmm, jam.

3 comments: