Saturday, March 24, 2012

Shameless Plug




It's very important to be comfortable while summitting the furniture



The second part of the Grand Experiment was to see if we could cut our consumption footprint over the next year, figure out what was really a need and what was a want.  Along those lines we decided to switch to cloth diapers with Orion.  Having experienced cloth diapers with both my little sisters I knew that I wanted to find some that didn't involve diaper pins (sorry for all the bleeding girls) and so I started researching.  What I found was a company that inspires me and makes my life infinitely easier.  GDiapers is based out of Portland and they make the cutest, easiest, most ethical cloth diapers in the world.  I balked at the cost at first but after I sat down and did the calculations I realized that in two months we would have made up the cost and would be saving on average about $50 a month.  Now I never have to worry about filling up landfills or having to go buy diapers at 9pm because we ran out.  When we traveled to Colorado last month I switched to their biodegradable inserts, which are also flushable, making the drive much simpler. I love that they support a healthy corporate culture as well.  I know I'm a hippie but I really believe that commerce and ethics can survive in the same universe.  Check out their website, this company shows that it's possible to be ethically, socially and environmentally responsible, and still thrive.  Plus, come on, they're bloody adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment