Thursday, March 1, 2012

Life Changing Moments

Scarlett Rose Mehring
July 20 2010 - February 23 2012
The Grand Experiment was supposed to begin today.  Instead I am 1,000 miles away from home saying goodbye to the most amazing 19 month old girl I've ever known.  My decision to stay home with the kids seems so much more right now, knowing that life can change in an instant.  The Grand Experiment will continue, it's just going to have to wait a week as we travel through Colorado visiting loved ones and savoring moments with family and friends.  I'm aching to get back to my limoncello in waiting, my bread dough and my Thursday night farmers markets at Superstition Farm.  Mothers, kiss your babies, then go cook them an amazing dinner.  Scarlett Rose, you made our lives brighter and we are thankful for it.

2 comments:

  1. I keep seeing yours and Mike's posts about this poor family. I don't know what happened and I don't know these people, but this is an unimaginable tragedy. I feel so much sympathy for this family. I will keep all, especially my family (that includes you), in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart breaks for Scarlett's family and friends. Thinking and praying for all.

    ReplyDelete